Hello! Remember last month where we introduced you to the Guatemalan Bloggers with our Blog Love? Well, today Mali from Butter Love is sharing with us her delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake! So keep on reading, put on your apron and bake!
Helga & Kitty
One of my favorites, so soft and with a delicate bittersweet touch. You can enjoy it at every time of the day, with a cup of tea, coffee or just add some whipped cream by it side.
Mali Casasola, Butter Love
Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
Makes: Two small loaves
Recipe by Butter Love
Ingredients, for the pound cake:
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
¾ cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoon of milk
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon lemon extract
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoon of poppy seeds
Ingredients, for the glaze:
1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF and grease the baking pans with a little bit of butter and flour.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and add the sugar. Continuing with the eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon extract. Then add all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt; all combined) to the butter mixture. When all the ingredients are incorporated, add the lemon juice, ending with the poppy seeds.
- Pour the mixture over the baking pans. Don’t let the mixture be more than ⅔ of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until they are lightly golden. And as always, make sure if they are ready, by inserting a toothpick at the center, if it comes out clean they are ready.
- Let them cool down, and prepare the glaze.
- To make the glaze just combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 4 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoons of lemon juice. This really depends of the consistency you like. If you want it to me more stiff, add more powdered sugar; and if you wanted to be more delicate and thin, add more milk or lemon juice. You may also decorate it with some lemon zest.
- Pour it over the pound cake to serve.
© 2015, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.