It’s Halloween season, so of course our Happy Hour recipe is going to be a dark cocktail that you can make for your friends at your next bash. This time, we are sharing a recipe in which we used Ron Botran Reserva Blanca, which is an aged white rum, mixed with fresh blackberries, mint and cranberry juice.
We loved this cocktail, it is surprisingly refreshing. But be careful, you can hardly taste the rum… but it’s in there!
Recipe adapted from Smarty Had a Party
Makes 1 cocktail
6 fresh blackberries
fresh mint leaves
1.5 fl. oz. shot white rum
¼ cup cranberry juice
¼ cup soda water
squeeze of half a lime
- In a cup or shaker, mash 3 blackberries (just enough to get the juice) and mix with mint leaves.
- Add shot of rum and ice, then shake.
- Pour into wine goblet. Add cranberry juice and soda water
- Put 3 blackberries on a bamboo pick, and lay bamboo pick across the top of the goblet.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
Have you made this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture with the hashtag #thefoodieskitchen!
© 2017, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.