Grilled Tuscan Chicken with Rosemary, Orange and Lemon
Basting the chicken with lemon juice while it’s grilling gives it a tangy taste, and the orange juice adds a touch of sweetness. For the marinade, steeping the rosemary and thyme in hot water intensifies the flavor of the herbs. This is a perfect recipe for grilling during the summer, as the orange it gives it a sweet flavor in the back making it refreshing… We loved it!
Grilled Tuscan Chicken
with Rosemary and Lemon
Recipe Adapted from Martha Stewart
Yield: Serves 2
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper
2 chicken breasts
2 lemons, juice
1 orange, juice
- Heat grill to medium.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup water, thyme and rosemary to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender.
- Add oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth; let cool.
- Combine chicken and rosemary oil in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and let marinate at least 15 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade; place on grill. Discard marinade.
- Cook, basting frequently with lemon and orange juices, and turning as needed to prevent burning, until cooked throughout, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with Grilled vegetables.
© 2011 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.