Something that always is a win, even with picky eaters is browned red potatoes. Makes them think about french fries! This is a no brainer, easy recipe to start right before you start up your main dish, since it browns for a bit and the potatoes take a bit to cook. If you want to speed up the cooking process, cube the potatoes into smaller pieces.
Brown Red Potatoes
A Foodies’ Kitchen original recipe
1 Red Pontiac (or Dakota Chief) potato, cubed
1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, chopped
½ teaspoon red peppercorn, ground
1 clove garlic, minced
salt to taste
pepper to taste
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup water
- Cube the potatoes and toss them with the rosemary, red peppercorn, garlic, salt and pepper with the olive oil.
- Heat the pan and spritz with cooking spray.
- Brown the potatoes and make sure you brown them on at least two sides, stirring constantly so they don’t stick.
- After 8 or 10 minutes of doing so, right before the potatoes are thoroughly cooked, add the water and half cover the pan.
- Stir constantly, the water will evaporate and you have just speed up the cooking process. Taste a potato to make sure they are fully cooked, but not soggy.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.