Chicken Thighs with Fig Sauce
I feel like having hot chocolate and making candy! This weather makes me want to eat things with cheese, having soup with panini and baked goods…. If only my metabolism was what it used to be! (Not that it will stop me) You’ll probably be seeing recipes revolving around those things during the next few months, this time of year really does call for comfort food.
Chicken thighs with Fig Sauce
A The Foodies’ Kitchen Original
2 chicken thighs, with their skins
2 slices of butter
½ white onion, finely chopped
1 thyme spring, chopped
1 rosemary spring, chopped
Salt pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 green apple, grated
½ cup fig preserves
½ cup water
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Clean out any excess fat from the chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper. Lift the skin and put one slice of butter inside it together with the thyme and rosemary.
- In a medium sized pan, heat olive oil. Add the chopped onion and place the two thighs skin side down. Let it brown over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side.
- Add the balsamic vinegar; shake it around to get the thighs covered in it, this will make them nice and brown.
- Add the grated apple, fig preserves and water.
- Turn heat down to low, and cover the pan. Let it cook for 20 minutes.Serve with rice.
© 2010 – 2013, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved.