Ever since I did the first batch of Butterscotch Blondies last year, I knew I had to try some other variations and Chocolate Chip Blondies were the obvious choice! Browsing through the many (many) recipes I have bookmarked that haven’t yet made it to my Pinterest board or to my MacGourmet library, I found this one from Deb at the Smitten Kitchen. Her recipes are always on the dot and never disappoint.
What I absolutely love about it: an easy one bowl recipe and it’s easy to double. Try your own version! You can replace the Chocolate Chips for Butterscotch or Peanut Butter Chips, or dried Cranberries (or maybe a cranberries and raisins medley)? Or nuts? See, I’m already planing the next batch! Here are some suggestions from Deb (found on her site):
Further additions, use one or a combination of:
- ½ to 1 cup chopped nuts, toasting them first for even better flavor
- ½ to 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon mint extract in addition to or in place of the vanilla
- ½ cup mashed bananas
- ½ cup bourbon, scotch or other whiskey; increase the flour by one tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons of espresso powder with the vanilla
- Stir ½ cup dried fruit, especially dried cherries, into the prepared batter
- Top with a vanilla butter cream or chocolate peanut butter cream frosting
Chocolate Chip Blondies
Recipe by Deb from Smitten Kitchen
Makes one 8″x8″ pan
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 350°F. Butter an 8×8 pan.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cool on rack before cutting them.
© 2012 – 2016, The Foodies' Kitchen. All rights reserved | The Foodies’ Kitchen.